Welcome to the 2012 Bloggy Olympics Week #4
We are all sharing our CRAFT projects this week. Visit the other ladies here:
Be sure to come back for our CRAFT WEEK linky party:
- Who: Everyone
- What: Link up your CRAFT projects & see what others have created
- When: Thursday July 5th to Friday July 6th
- Awards: Announced on Saturday July 7th
For my project, I completed a much-needed update to my kitchen by adding a colorful pattered rug. I used a 99 Cent Store dish sponge to apply Martha Stewart all-purpose paint in a herringbone pattern.
Read on for a tutorial & for details about the Pretty Tape washi tape giveaway!
Our kitchen rug literally disintegrated about a year ago.
Last autumn someone thought to throw out the sad area rug, and the floor was left bare for awhile.
Last winter I picked up some area rugs from the 99 Cent Store, intending to try painting them.
Last weekend I finally got around to painting the rugs.
Saw all these ideas on Pinterest!
|Sources: 1, 2, 3|
- Car Mats, qty 2 (99 Cent Store, $2)
- Dish Sponge, qty 1 (99 Cent Store, $1 per 2-pack)
- Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Satin Paint, Spring Pasture (Michael’s, $1.80 with coupon)
- Foam Paint Brush (Michael’s)
Note: Items without prices were not purchased for this project.
Total Cost = less than $5
- I stamped all the way down each column on both rugs and worked from left to right.
- Use a foam paint brush to fill in gaps and thin out paint clumps.
- Allow paint to dry overnight.
CRAFT WEEK GIVEAWAY
|Source: Pretty Tape Etsy Store|
Coincidentally, I bought a role of Thin BLUE STRIPE Washi Tape a few months ago to make thank you cards.
Here’s a card preview:
Tutorial to come in the future.
Visit them for great inspiration!